In today’s busy and hectic schedules, a healthy lifestyle often gets neglected. But one must not forget that nutrition is of utmost importance for everyone. That is why nutritional supplements such as protein shakes are a need of the hour. Not only do adults need them, but children also need additional nutritional support. A well-balanced protein shake for kids is, therefore, an important supplement required to help them develop properly.
As children grow their nutritional requirements start varying. A well-balanced diet ensuring proper nutrient intake helps the children grow strong and healthy as well as develop good eating habits. A kids’ protein shake covers the nutritional gaps for a wholesome daily intake.
What are Protein Shakes?
Protein shakes are dietary supplements which ensure proper protein intake in the body. They are available in a variety of flavours, in a powdered form, or as ‘ready-to-drink’ shakes.
A traditional protein shake constitutes a protein supplement powder which is mixed either in water or milk, preferably in milk for the best outcome.
A protein shake for kids is found in three varieties. These are Whey, Soy, and Casein protein. The most recommended out of these is Whey, which makes for the best health drinks for a child’s growth.
Why do Kids Need Protein Supplements?
- Proteins are the building blocks of our body. And while protein powders are usually associated with young adults trying to build up muscles quickly, it might not be the actual case.
- Children might also need them as proteins are essential for body growth, various bodily functions, and growth, maintenance and repair of tissues.
- They not only help the child gain energy but also curb the urge for snacking, thus, controlling the sugar and carbs intake.
- The only caution to take is a check on their consumption.
Some of the Best Protein Shake for Kids
At Gritzo, we have developed science-backed personalised formulations as per the age and need of children. Gritzo uses superior nutrients & clean ingredients in all its protein shake for kids, making them the best. They contain 100% high-quality Whey protein, 100% Vitamin D3 and Calcium Citrate Malate. The formulations are free of any refined sugar, preservatives, artificial flavours, Transfats, Soy Proteins or Gluten; thus, making them completely clean and healthy.
Depending upon the age of the child, the protein requirements modify majorly in three phases. Gritzo’s protein supplements for children are specially formulated to target these specific growth needs. Take a look:
SuperMilk Active Kids 4-7 years
- This supplement targets a younger demographic. It constitutes of 6g Whey protein in each serving rendering it easy to digest
- In addition to the 21 amino acids, it contains DHA to support brain development
- Contains 3X more efficient than D2 in improving vitamin D levels
SuperMilk Teen Athletes 8-12 years
- This is one of the best health drinks for a child’s growth providing 10g of pure, high-quality Whey protein and aims to provide nutrition to the young athlete
- Contains highly bioavailable calcium with 100% daily required Vitamin D3 (which is 3X more efficient than D2 in improving vitamin D levels)
- Formulated for children to provide strength, growth, health, recovery & immunity
SuperMilk Teen Athletes 13+ years
- For teen athletes, this protein shake provides 13g of high-quality Whey protein with each serving
- Apart from the Vitamin D3, highly BioAvailable Calcium Citrate Malate, and 21 essential Vitamins, Minerals & Electrolytes, it contains recovery nutrients which focus on providing strength, stamina and recovery
Gritzo’s Supermilk variants come in Super 100% Natural Double Chocolaty flavour, keeping those taste buds in mind.
How to consume?
Gritzo provides a range of protein supplements for kids to consume with milk. They can also take it with any other beverage such as milkshakes and smoothies. The formulas provide your child with the thickest and yummiest shakes.
The recommended quantity is a single serving of two scoops in one glass of milk per day. Can be taken at any time during the day; however, the most beneficial duration is at breakfast to kickstart the day, in between the meals to kill hunger pangs, and after physical activities for adequate muscle repair.